From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel parameters for VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:50:23
1 On Thursday 18 February 2016 11:57:14 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday, February 18, 2016 10:51:35 AM Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 18 February 2016 10:06:25 I wrote:
4 > > > I still can't shake the idea that I don't have my kernel set up right.
5 > >
6 > > I found CONFIG_X86_X32, which I hadn't noticed before. I set it, made a
7 > > new kernel, remerged virtualbox-modules and rebooted. No pop-up notice!
8 > Interesting.
9 > I have that one set as well, was on as default I would assume.
10 >
11 > > I do still get this in boinc/stderrdae.txt though, so I don't have it
12 > > right yet:
13 > >
14 > > [ATLAS@home] task postponed 86400.000000 sec: Communication with VM
15 > > Hypervisor failed.
16 >
17 > I would assume that might be something with boinc?
18
19 In my case, I think it can't communicate because the necessary hardware
20 isn't there - the IOMMU stuff and maybe some devices. I've started a
21 conversation with the system builder, but at the moment it looks as though
22 I'll have to await the next BIOS upgrade - or else replace the motherboard.
25 Rgds
26 Peter