From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libav and ffmpeg on the same computer issue once again
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 10:33:55
1 On Saturday 16 May 2015 11:10:21 gevisz wrote:
2 > 2015-05-16 11:55 GMT+03:00 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3
4 > > I'm afraid I cannot agree with you on this. On older PCs I would rather
5 > > did not have to install abi_x86_32 for packages that I don't need to.
6 > > The granular approach suits me better and also aligns better with the
7 > > light-footed Gentoo approach.
8 >
9 > With this "light-footed approach" I had about two full-screen rubbish
10 > in my /etc/portage/make.conf file and kept adding on almost every update.
11
12 Ahh ... let's wind back a step. The recommended file to change for package by
13 package USE flags is /etc/portage/package.use, not /etc/portage/make.conf.
14 The latter is only for setting USE flags globally, e.g. when you want libav
15 for all packages, instead of the (now default) ffmpeg flag.
16
17 Ditto for the abi_x86_32 USE flag.
20 Regards,
21 Mick