From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:43:58
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2009-02-06, Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>>> Which begs the question, why not use HTML? It can be read on
6 >>>>> just about anything, searched and either split into chapters
7 >>>>> or presented as a single page.
8 >>>>>
9 >>>> The cynic in me says that it's because Tim Berners-Lee
10 >>>> invented HTML, not Richard M Stallman.
11 >>>>
12 >>> Info has been around a lot longer than HTML, but I think you're
13 >>> largely correct.
14 >>>
15 >> I'd wager to think that if we did use HTML, we'd simply argue
16 >> about the order of it's presentation or use of bold and
17 >> underlines.
20 > And let's not forget <blink>Flashing Text!</blink> (shudder).
23 Oh no, it's 1999's geocities all over again! Yeah, I'd rather not see
24 man or info come to that...well, at least man.