From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CFLAGS "...-O3 -pipe" vs "...O2 <no pipe>"
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:36:08
1 Hi all..
2
3 Certainly some package have a maximun optimisation. I really believe, the
4 optimisation level is a very interesting thing bucause all depend of what
5 you need and you have all power of your system, only gentoo can give you
6 that.
7
8 it's very good to see a server compiling most of the applications, and
9 people with few resources in thier pc's can run a very good operating system
10 and no die trying... :P
11
12 Looking for more information on the web, I see
13 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7269.
14
15 In that article: "...The simplest way to achieve good performance is to rely
16 on the -O2 optimization level; if you're not interested in portability,
17 specify the target architecture using -march=. For space-constrained
18 applications, the -Os optimization level should be considered first.."
19
20 All is your decision based in what you need...
21