From: Joshua Schmidlkofer <joshland@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mii-tool on Dell 2850 with 10/100/1000 ports
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:43:52
1 Frank,
2
3 You are not supposed to statically configure hubs and switches. I don't know
4 what the problem is - however, please be sure that the hub/switch is set to
5 auto-sense. If you cannot get a connection established that way, please try
6 the cable etc. I would also recommend following the other suggestion of
7 emerging the later tools.
8
9 thanks,
10 joshua
11
12 p.s. A fellow at Cisco last year wrote an article about NIC negotiation.
13 Apparently the only setting that consistently works is auto.