From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:27:14
1 On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:28:10PM +0100, Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 Apr 2013 20:46:37 Bruce Hill wrote:
3 >
4 > > Therefore, all's well that's still working! And AFAIR, on at least 2 of
5 > > those machines, the 70-persistent-net.rules was never something I did
6 > > manually.
7 >
8 > Right, it used to be auto-generated by udev scripts. With udev-200 you are
9 > meant to remove it along with any other files from your /etc/udev/rules.d/
10 >
11 > If you left them there and their syntax is still valid, then udev will parse
12 > them and do as is told.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Regards,
16 > Mick
17
18 Why are we "meant to remove it"?
19
20 Why would we remove them, since they're working?
21
22 My kernel(s) all have eth* and none of that weirdness others reported.
23
24 Thanks,
25 Bruce
26 --
27 Happy Penguin Computers >')
28 126 Fenco Drive ( \
29 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
31 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
32 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
33
34 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
35 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
36 A: Top-posting.
37 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
38
39 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting