From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel High Definition on-board sound controller - optical out working?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:38:55
1 On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > Great! Glad you got it going. I've never tried the digital port.
5
6 It's pretty cool! I never thought I'd use it until I got a receiver
7 that got optical in, and it's a nice solution for routing internet and
8 computer music to home stereo - sounds really good, actually :-)
9
10 Looks like Gentoo has it together for making use of the digital port
11 without having to doctor any config files or module loading options
12 for Intel HDA, other than emerging alsa-plugins and making sure
13 alsamixer has all the relevant ports unmuted.