From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel High Definition on-board sound controller - optical out working?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:59:52
1 On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Denis <denis.che@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I also had:
3 >
4 > aplay -l
5 >
6 > **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
7 > card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
8 > Subdevices: 1/1
9 > Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
10 > card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: STAC92xx Digital [STAC92xx Digital]
11 > Subdevices: 1/1
12 > Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
13 >
14 > I basically emerged alsa-plugins and went through alsaconfig document
15 > again, followed by mixer settings to make certain all channels are
16 > unmuted. I looked at the sound card ports, and the optical was lit up
17 > red, so I connected it to the receiver, and it works now!
18 >
19 > Thanks :-)
20
21 Great! Glad you got it going. I've never tried the digital port.