From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Which Laptop is recommended for Gentoo GNU/Linux?
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:58:07
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Daniel Barkalow [mailto:barkalow@××××××××.org]
3 > Sent: 06 January 2007 07:02
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which Laptop is recommended for Gentoo
6 > GNU/Linux?
9 > I've got a "Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device 0843" that will never
10 > have Linux
11 > support because it doesn't actually do anything at all (it's the
12 > placeholder device for a 4-device-in-1-chip, where the 4
13 > devices pretend
14 > to be various single device Ricoh chips and appear as 4 more devices).
15 >
16 > -Daniel
17 > *This .sig left intentionally blank*
18 > --
19
20 I would add that I haven't got my SD card reader on my HP DV8000 series
21 to work in Linux. Then again I haven't tried very hard, and I have an
22 external USB one that I got for a few quid (~$5-6?) off the net which
23 works like a dream.
24
25 David
26 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
27 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
28 list.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list