From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does Portage prioritze emerges in emerge world?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:28:05
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 >
3 > This sounds great, but what about the kernel I'm booted into, against
4 > which the module will *not* be compiled, if I have to reboot before
5 > actually configuring/compiling/installing the new kernel?
8 You can get pretty close to your desired behavior (merge kernel last) if you simple mask kernel package versions greater than the one that is currently installed.
9
10 mkdir -p /etc/portage
11 echo ">sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.14-r2" >> /etc/portage/package.mask
12
13 That way, portage will not attempt to upgrade it until you tell it that you are ready, by removing the mask. And yeah, if USE=symlink causes problems, don't use it (in my suggested scenario above it might be useful though).
14
15 Zac
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list