From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any video optimization tips?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:29:40
1 On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 09:13:14AM -0500, Michael Mol wrote
2
3 > Use any nVidia card capable of full, in-hardware decoding of full
4 > h.264 AVC. I've got two GeForce 210s which I purchased because A) they
5 > were $50/pc two years ago, and B) they did exactly this.
6 >
7 > Then enable vdpau. (But that means running the proprietary drivers,
8 > disabling KMS, disabling NOVOU, etc)
9
10 Unfortunatunately, the Geforce 6200 series is too old for vdpau
11 support. It starts with the Geforce 8400 series. As I mentioned in
12 another post, -march=native does not enable mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, and
13 ssse3 options for gcc. I'll explicitly put them in CFLAGS, and rebuild
14 system+world+kernel, and see if it helps.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>