From: Matthew Marchese <maffblaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Calm
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 09:32:32
1 On 4/18/2016 3:32 PM, Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > On Saturday 16 April 2016 14:48:51 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >> Hello, Gentoo.
4 >>
5 >> I'm just saying hello to confirm I'm still here.
6 >>
7 >> For many months now, Gentoo has simply worked for me, without problems.
8 >> I sync my system several times a week, and emerge just works.
9 >>
10 >> The last bit of excitement I had was in early 2015 when I was trying to
11 >> sort out the mess in my xfce4 system after gnome-3 had been made stable.
12 >> In the end, I gave up and reinstalled Gentoo, which this time took me
13 >> only a week.
14 >>
15 >> Admittedly, there's very little which is cutting edge on my system - the
16 >> box is 6½ years old, it boots with lilo on an old fashioned BIOS, my
17 >> filesystems are ext3 (or in one case, ext2) on spinning rust. The only
18 >> remotely adventurous things I've got are RAID-1 (via the kernel) and
19 >> lvm2.
20 >>
21 >> So a big thanks to all the developers who've brought about this happy
22 >> state of affairs!
23 > I concur!
24 >
25 The first three entries in this thread, and the last few are what keep
26 guys like me encouraged. Loved reading about all your success stories.
27 Thanks for sharing! :)
28 -maffblaster