From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to use mplayer play file online?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:04:12
1 On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:58 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On Friday 29 February 2008, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
3 > > > Meanwhile, just download the file and play it. What's the
4 > > > problem with that? To view the whole thing from beginning to end
5 > > > all that data would still have to move from the server to your
6 > > > local machine anyway.
7 > >
8 > > But I can save the time of downing the file and when I want to
9 > > watch any movie, I don't need to wait.
10 >
11 > You can start the download and start mplayer on the (incompletely)
12 > downloaded file.
13 >
14 > Uwe
15 >
16 > --
17
18 I do this all the time over NFS with Matroska-files that are still being
19 created by my server. If you can't navigate within the movie, add -idx
20 or --force-idx to create a new index on the fly.