From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:53:26
1 On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:24:18 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I have a new machine that just came up yesterday. I was thinking of
4 > running ~arch on it and seeing how things work out. Seems like it's a
5 > good time to do it if I'm ever going to as I haven't started using it
6 > and it's going to get busy. If your answers are dependent on the work
7 > done then this machine is (hopefully) going to run a bunch of vmware
8 > instances at the same time. Any problem doing that under ~amd64? I've
9 > never run more than 1 in the past. This time hopefully 5 at a time.
10 >
11 I have run several VMs at once in workstation.
12
13 > Question - after adding ~amd64 to make.conf do I then ever need
14 > anything in package.keywords again because the whole system is ~amd64?
15
16 Only if you want to use packages that do not have amd64 or ~amd64
17 keywords.
18
19 > It seems that there would be some use flag changes required:
20
21 That's not strictly down to the use of ~amd64, it's a change that will
22 affect everyone in due course, you just get to find out these things that
23 bit sooner now.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 On the other hand, you have different fingers.