From: "paulie.x" <JCD@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with UNICODE and man pages encoding
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:19:45
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. napsal(a):
2 > On Thursday 22 February 2007, jcd <jcd@××××××.cz> wrote
3 > about '[gentoo-user] Problem with UNICODE and man pages encoding':
4 >> Hi.
5 >> I converted my system to UNICODE with assistance
6 >> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Make_your_system_use_unicode/utf-8.
7 >> But my man-pages are
8 >> still displayed with bad characters ('á' is 'á') in console even in X
9 >> terminal emulator.
10 >
11 >> I tried to changed line in
12 >> /etc/make.conf:
13 >> Code:
14 >> NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tascii -c -mandoc
17 >> Code:
18 >> NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tutf8 -c -mandoc
19 >>
20 >> and also according to comments to
21 >> Code:
22 >> NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc.
23 >
24 > 1) Those lines aren't the correct format for make.conf. Normally, you'd
25 > use something like:
26 > VARIABLE="value"
27 >
28 > 2) NROFF isn't a valid make.conf variable. See the make.conf(5) manpage
29 > for a list of valid make.conf variables.
30 >
31 > I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I think it's more
32 > likely controlled by an nroff USE flag or configuration file than a
33 > portage configuration files.
36 OK. If it isn't correct format and NROFF isn't valid variable, then it is bug in gentoo package, because I just changed the parameters to /usr/bin/nroff. I also didn't find any suitale USE flag.
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list