From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-china <gentoo-china@××××××××××××.com>, gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer does not have man page & output info is chinese
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 04:50:49
1 On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > my system is gentoo amd64. my /etc/env.d/01locale is empty. after i
5 > compiled mplayer, the output info is chinese, and i cannot read it
6 > console, even though i can read it in the xterm. how to make the
7 > output to english?
8 >
9 > in my /etc/locale.gen file, i do have chinese support.
12 > and, my mplayer does not have man page. i tried to add the 'doc' use
13 > flag, but it does not have affect.
16 > --
17 > Best Regards,
18 > David Shen
19 >
20 > http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
24 ok, i figured it out myself. i double checked my environment, and
25 found that the LC_CTYPE was set the "en_US.UTF8". but i do not
26 understand why it compiles my 'mplayer' to display chinese. after i
27 changed the LC_CTYPE value to "en_US" and recompile 'mplayer', the
28 output info becomes english, and the man page is back.
32 Best Regards,
33 David Shen
34
35 http://twitter.com/davidshen84/