From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To be a dvd drive or not to be dvd drive...
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:21:44
1 On 06/20/11 13:50, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Attached to a USB port of my PC (linux-2.6.39.1 vanilla) there is a
5 > USB to IDE converter, which makes my "old" dvd burner accessible via
6 > my SATA only PC.
7 > I thought...
8 > When I connect everything as described, insert an empty DVD and start
9 > k3b, an error message is displayed saying that there is no DVD drive
10 > (or better no drive at all).
11 >
12 > Things change, when I insert an already written DVD first, connect
13 > everything, start k3b and replace the dvd with an emplty one.
14 > Then this world is one of the best to burn dvds. ;)
15 >
16 > I took a look into /dev and found, that there is a /deb/usbdev2.5 when
17 > the drive is loaded with an empty dvd. This one is replaced by
18 > /dev/sr0 (including correct links to /dev/dvd and such) when the drive
19 > gets loaded with a already filled dvd.
22 Can you create a symlink from /dev/usbdev2.5 to /dev/dvd?