From: Avaricen <avaricen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem installing mod_proxy
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:07:29
1 Thomas Balthazar wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > This is my first week with Gentoo.
5 > I'm running Gentoo Base System version 1.6.14 on a x86_64 Intel(R)
6 > Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz.
7 >
8 > I have Apache 2.0.58 installed.
9 > I would like to install mod_proxy. I need it.
10 >
11 > When I do a emerge --search mod_proxy, all I get is :
12 > * www-apache/mod_proxy_html [ Masked ]
13 > Latest version available: 2.5.1
14 > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
15 > Size of files: 8 kB
16 > Homepage: http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/
18 > reverse proxy
19 > License: GPL-2
20 >
21 > So it looks like I cannot install mod_proxy through emerge.
22 >
23 > Do I need to recompile Apache?
24 > Or is there another way?
25 >
26 > If I need to recompile Apache, how can I know which options where used for
27 > the original installation of Apache? I would like to keep the exact same
28 > config + mod_proxy.
29 >
30 > Any help would be much-much-much appreciated!
31 > Thanks in advance,
32 > Thomas.
33 >
34 Your analogy is incorrect. I'd suggest reading the Gentoo handbook about
35 package masking/unmasking. You also should read about USE Flags, so you
36 can set which flags you'd like to use. As far as I know Apache uses the
37 following by default: USE="ldap ssl -apache2 -debug -doc -mpm-itk
38 -mpm-leader -mpm-peruser -mpm-prefork -mpm-threadpool -mpm-worker
39 (-selinux) -static-modules -threads". Select which you'd prefer. If only
40 you cared to study a little.
41
42 Best regards.
43 Avaricen