From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting hashes from MSWindows SAM files
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:34:34
1 On Tuesday 09 January 2007 17:35, norman wrote:
2 > perhaps this can be of use
3 >
4 > http://www.antsight.com/zsl/rainbowcrack/ it takes some time to build the
5 > tables and the files generated a big.
6 >
7 > cheers
8 >
9 > norman
10 >
11 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote: Hi All,
12 >
13 > Do you know if Gentoo offers any tool(s) to extract the hash numbers from
14 > MSWindows SAM files? I am thinking of the Linux equivalent of e.g.
15 > pwdump.exe
16 >
17 > I need the hashes to be able to run john:
18 > ==========================
19 > # john sam
20 > No password hashes loaded
22 >
23 > I've looked around but couldn't find anything.
24
25 Thank you Norman,
26
27 I'm afraid that after the tables are generated I will still need something
28 like pwdump2 to extract the hashes from the sam file. :-(
31 Regards,
32 Mick