From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] python-3.6.5 rebuild fails on new install
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2018 00:58:39
1 I'm re-purposing a Lenovo T400 notebook (CORE2 and 3 gigs ram) with a
2 32-bit Gentoo install. I try to do "emerge -e @system" early in the
3 install, when there's under 200 packages. Anyhow, python 3.6.5 is not
4 rebuilding. I've put in all the "final" USE flags for the system. The
5 buildlog is attached (gzipped).
6
7 And a bit of a rant... WTF is the initial stage 3 built against PAM?
8 I wasted an hour dicking around, trying to get ssh working, so that I
9 could finish up the install. I finally figured out that I had to set
10 "usePAM no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config as a temporary hack. The root
11 solution to the problem was to emerge openssh with USE="-pam". I had
12 that in my flags, but the "emerge -e @system" died before getting to
13 openssh.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications

fail.txt.gz application/octet-stream