From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg.conf changes and dual screen setup
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:30:30
1 >> Thanks for your answer, i will try if i can get it working like this
2 >> but randr doesn't seem to work on the secondary device. I have heard
3 >> that nvidia cards doesn't support randr 1.2 so i will give it a try
4 >> with randr disabled in my configuration.
5 >
6 > I don't have nvidia so can't comment (I810)
7 >
8 >> One thing is that i want the two screens (where i can move between
9 >> with the mouse) avaialable not only one.
10 >
11 > I would guess randr supports that since it does have offsets (--pos)
12
13 Hi Allan,
14
15 thanks for your efforts.
16
17 Just an update, i have found a temporary solution, which works until the
18 next restart.
19
20 When i launch the "Nvidia X Server Settings" under "X Server Display
21 Configuration". There is a button "Detect devices". When the external TV
22 is connected and i hit this button the screen is updated and displayed
23 as usual. So all is fine until the next boot. Then i have do do this
24 again. At least there is hope. Maybe there is a configuration option to
25 make it permanently.
26
27 Regards,
28