From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best CFLAGS
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:48:31
1 ArYiX wrote:
2
3 > 2006/6/22, Thiago Lüttig <tluttig@×××××.com <mailto:tluttig@×××××.com>>:
4 >
5 > Hi folks, I have an Athlon XP 2600+ with 512MB of RAM and I was
6 > wondering about the best CFLAGS to make my executables
7 > "run-like-hell" :).
8 > Does anyone have a machine like this ?? I just can't stand windows
9 > XP anymore on my home box, but i want to put my future gentoo box
10 > run faster than a lightning(or something like that :] )
11 > Thanx.
15 > Best for what?
18 > -march=athlon-xp -mtune=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe
19 >
20 > is safe and give you a great performance
21 >
22 > i use this CFLAGS for a similar machine Athlon XP 2600 (core Barton)
23 >
24 > --aryix
27 I have been using this one for quite a while now and no problems yet anyway.
28
29 > CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
30 > -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -fno-ident -pipe"
33 I got it from here:
34 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2314776.html#2314776 We have
35 pretty similiar rigs. AMD 2500+ with 1GB of ram.
36
37 Hope that helps
38
39 Dale