From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] specifying DNS servers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:04:25
1 This might work, but the "correct" way to do this is still a split DNS.
2 Since this machine is on the border of private/public networks it should
3 combine the two. Your DNS on this border box should be a slave to the
4 internal master. These slave records should be restricted to being queries
5 from the private addresses. The rest of the DNS records can be pulled from
6 the internet/ISP's DNS.
7