From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 04:41:02
1 Fernando Rodriguez composed on 2015-08-05 23:46 (UTC-0400):
2
3 > On Wednesday, August 05, 2015 10:23:03 PM Felix Miata wrote:
4 ...
5 >> all seemed to be arch-agnostic, so this is the one I tried (newest pre-Grub2):
6 ...
7 > What makes you think it's arch agnostic when it says sh4-unknown-linux-gnu?
8
9 Unknown significance of sh4, absence of string "32", coupled with string
10 "unknown", having read that what I want is under autobuild, after having
11 looked all over mirrors.us.kernel.org/gentoo finding only DVD sized iso files
12 regardless whether base URL included amd64 or *32*, and finding lots of
13 differently aged alternatives for everything *except* the minimal
14 installation CD.
15 http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-install-amd64-minimal/stage3-amd64-20150730.tar.bz2
16 found I assumed because "current" would direct me past the post-Grub2 milestone.
17
18 > You want amd64, not sh4. And why would you want a stage from 2012?
19
20 Answered above (and in other thread I started in recent hours here).
21
22 > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+gentoo
23
24 Pages like that leads to are like Windows and Sourceforge software hosts
25 where after muddling past licenses and assumption what one's looking for has
26 anything to do with the puter used to search and script links autostarting
27 download with web browser instead of wget I just stay away from their
28 download links whenever I can find a direct route going straight to a mirror
29 and see the hosting context, and very important to me, the file's timestamp,
30 so that I can ensure the resulting download timestamp matches the host's
31 timestamp whenever possible.
32 --
33 "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
34 words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
35
36 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
37
38 Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/