From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:47:36
1 On Wednesday, August 05, 2015 10:23:03 PM Felix Miata wrote:
2 > After reading
3 >
4 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Installation/Media#Minimal_installation_CD
5 > which does not link to it until after its first mention I spent considerable
6 > time on http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/gentoo/ trying to find one. The only iso
7 > files I managed to find are DVD size. When I reach the location that I think
8 > should list them,
9 > http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/x86/autobuilds/current-iso (aka
10 > www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo), I consistently get this instead:
11 >
12 > http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/images/bucket.jpg
13 > Sorry, we cannot find your kernels
14 >
15 > I really wanted to install by booting from an installed Linux anyway, but
16 > first command after extracting stage and chrooting, I got this:
17 >
18 > failed to run command '/bin/bash': Exec format error
19 >
20 > When I attempted to find the stage file to download in the first place, they
21 > all seemed to be arch-agnostic, so this is the one I tried (newest pre-
22 Grub2):
25 http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo/releases/sh/autobuilds/20120323/sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/stage3-sh4-20120307.tar.bz2
26 >
27 > Kernel booted from is Debian Jessie's 3.16.0-4-amd64, on a Core2Duo E8400,
28 so
29 > I'm confused why the apparent arch error message. ???
32 What makes you think it's arch agnostic when it says sh4-unknown-linux-gnu?
33 You want amd64, not sh4. And why would you want a stage from 2012?
34
35 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+gentoo
39 Fernando Rodriguez