From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg i810/i915 mode problem (modular X)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 00:04:21
1 The modes are there but xorgs log shows them as filled out with zeros
2 (see the bit for Mode 38 below - quite a number of modes are like this).
3 915resolution reports that the modes I want to use are present) If I
4 start it up with the ext monitor connected I get a weird display on both
5 screens - unusable.
6
7 Ive done all the standard things and am thinking Ive run up into an xorg
8 bug with this driver. It will be a few weeks before I get the time to
9 fiddle with this again - its at least usable as long as I dont boot it
10 with an ext monitor plugged in, if non-optimal in the way I am currently
11 using it.
12
13 BillK
14