From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Awesome WM, io.popen() attempt to index io nil value
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 19:29:40
1 I use AwesomeWM, but I haven't messed with the Lua side of things. You
2 might try in #awesome on Freenode.
3
4 On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM, trevor donahue <donahue.trevor@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > anyone?
6 >
7 > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM, trevor donahue <donahue.trevor@×××××.com>
8 > wrote:
9 >>
10 >> http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.7
11 >> the doc
12 >> also found on other resources scripts using IO not io, that still aint
13 >> working...
16 >> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM, trevor donahue <donahue.trevor@×××××.com>
17 >> wrote:
18 >>>
19 >>> Hi folks,
20 >>> is anyone of you using awesome wm?
21 >>> I've been struggling with a little bit of a problem lately, wanted to
22 >>> create a widget that retrieves gmail data using curl. The problem
23 >>> encountered is the function io.popen() that returns nil [attempt to index io
24 >>> nil value] (as having an error in lua) even though not doing anything
25 >>> special, tested also with ls -l and other trivial bash commands...
26 >>>
27 >>> Can somebody help me resolve the problem?
32 >> --
33 >> Thanks,
34 >> Donahue Trevor
39 > --