From: Steve Dommett <steve@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend questions
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 02:13:44
1 On Wednesday 03 October 2007, James Colby wrote:
2 > The reason for that is because the suspend kernel is
3 > configuring my hard disk as /dev/hda and my standard kernel is configuring
4 > it as /dev/sda. Does anyone know how I can get the suspend kernel to
5 > assign my hard disk as /dev/sda?
6
7 I think eventually you would have run into this problem even if you hadn't
8 switched to using suspend2-sources. Recent changes in the kernel (at 2.6.21
9 unless my memory fails me) removed the need for most SATA drivers to use the
10 SCSI layer of the kernel. The result being that many hard drives that were
11 previously addressed as /dev/sda will now be available at /dev/hda.
12
13 You'll need to change at least /boot/grub/grub.conf and /etc/fstab to reflect
14 this . Yes, it's a pest because it complicates booting into older kernels.
15 You may not know that GRUB supports editing the boot parameters with the 'E'
16 key, which goes a long way towards easing the pains.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list