From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Adding Linux clients to samba primary domain controller
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:09:53
1 I am currently helping out my old high school. They have just got some "new"
2 pc's and they are wanting to run a dual boot setup on them with windows 2k
3 and gentoo. The profile and home directories are all on a server and are
4 mounted once the user has logged on and authenticated... nothing out of the
5 ordinary there.
6
7 Now how does one do the same thing with a linux client ie: the user log in
8 is authenticated on the server and once that is done their home directory is
9 mounted on the client for them?
12 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
13 you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". - Linus