From: Gerhard Hoogterp <gerhard@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Null Modem Cables Between Windoze XP and Linux
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:35:47
1 On Saturday 24 June 2006 21:49, Lord Sauron wrote:
2 > I dug out of this ancient computer book (Upgrading and Repairing PCs
3 > 12th Ed.) this relic technology of the Null Modem Cable. It's a
4 > twisted Parallel Cable that allows 2 PCs to almost literally talk to
5 > each other.
6
7 While there were cables using the parallel port for communication, they always
8 needed special software to deal with this. A nul-modem though used to be
9 serial and as such worked the normal tty stuff.
10
11 For parallel I remember that lantastic-z had a parallel cable and there was
12 some other program under dos which used to use a parallel cable. Forgot the
13 name, but maybe with a little google and dosbox you have a chance there..
16 Ithaka photography, http://ithaka.mine.nu/
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list