From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using libreoffice 3.5.0.0 yet?
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 14:38:36
1 On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 14:43 -0800, walt wrote:
2 > I just finished building it on my ~x86 and ~amd64 machines, and I'm
3 > seeing a very annoying bug in localc on both of them.
4 >
5 > When I do anything that requires the window to repaint, like scrolling
6 > or zooming, the screen doesn't repaint until I start clicking on the
7 > spreadsheet. And then the screen repaints only in a rectangular area
8 > under the mouse, about 3 x 4 cm. I have to click on every part of the
9 > sheet to get the whole thing properly redrawn. Very strange, and very
10 > annoying.
11 >
12 > A quick test of lowriter doesn't seem to show the same problem.
13 >
14 > Can anyone confirm or deny?
17 IIRC, libreoffice was released with *experimental* support for gtk3, and
18 have acknowledged that there are issues with the gtk3 port. However
19 Gentoo decided to enable gtk3 support by default. However it *should*
20 work as expected when built against gtk2.
21
22 -a