From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x86 boot failure
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 12:39:34
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 6 May 2010 09:37, Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Can anyone suggest how to debug this?
6 >
7 > When I get problems like this I usually run grub in a terminal and
8 > then use autocompletion to find out what grub sees:
9 >
10 > root (hd <--tab
11 >
12 > it will list all partitions and hopefully help you find your boot partition.
13 >
14 > Then search for the kernel image: kernel /boot/ <--tab
15 >
16 > If you have chosen the correct grub root partition you should find
17 > your kernel image in there.
18
19 I assume you mean to boot from the install CD then chroot into the new
20 install and run grub from bash?
21
22 Thanks,
23 Roger