From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:19:17
1 On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2014-05-14 9:51 GMT-06:00 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
3 >> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>> [snip]
8 >>>> > I am using version 037 and the command line was very simple
9 >>>>
10 >>>> As I told you in [1], the 037 version has problems with LVM; please
11 >>>> also check the thread in [2], specially the post in [3].
12 >>>>
13 >>>> Please try again with dracut-036-r4.
14 >>>>
15 >>>> Regards.
16 >>>>
17 >>>> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/274340
18 >>>> [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/274152
19 >>>> [3] http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@l.g.o/msg145647.html
20 >>>> (for some reason it doesn't appear in gmane).
21 >>> portage won't let me downgrade unless I downgrade systemd to 2.10 --
22 >>> should I do that?
23 >>
24 >> You mean 210. I'm on 208; my LVM test system is basically stable.
25 >>
26 >> However Jc says he's got it to work with dracut 037-r1; perhaps try
27 >> that version first?
28 >>
29 >> What I do know is that with dracut 037, me and Stefan ran intro troubles.
30 >>
31 > I described it as a 'workaround' in my first post, aware of the fact
32 > that the behavior is not normal, but dracut acctually gives help
33 > finding this workaround, wich is telling the kernel what LVs to use at
34 > boot.
35
36 Sorry, I forgot about that.
37
38 I just tried my test LVM system with dracur-037-r1 and it didn't work.
39 I have not tried yet your workaround, but there is obviously something
40 fishy going on with the latest version of dracut; I would stay with
41 036-r4.
42
43 I will try your workaround, although my system is a little more
44 complicated, since it uses RAID and LUKS besides LVM.
45
46 Regards.
47 --
48 Canek Peláez Valdés
49 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias