From: Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make portage assume, that a package is installed
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:20:45
1 On AD 2007 June 15 Friday 08:55:40 AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > On my system, I don't use a modem and don't intend to ever
3 > do so. Because of this, I did not install net-dialup/ppp.
4 > But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will
5 > pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kppp
6 > and this will finally pull in net-dialup/ppp.
7
8 When I encountered this one (there really should be a ppp flag for
9 the kdenetwork ebuild), I did this:
10
11 # vi $(equery which kdenetwork)
12
13 Find the line in RDEPEND that says net-dialup/ppp and delete it.
14
15 # ebuild $(equery which kdenetwork) digest
16 # emerge -uDN world
17
18 It seems like a hack, and it is, but it worked for me.
21 Justin
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list