From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Make portage assume, that a package is installed
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:28:54
1 Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us> wrote:
2
3 > On AD 2007 June 15 Friday 08:55:40 AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
4 >> On my system, I don't use a modem and don't intend to ever
5 >> do so. Because of this, I did not install net-dialup/ppp.
6 >> But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will
7 >> pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kppp
8 >> and this will finally pull in net-dialup/ppp.
9 >
10 > When I encountered this one (there really should be a ppp flag for
11
12 Yep.
13
14 > the kdenetwork ebuild), I did this:
15 >
16 > # vi $(equery which kdenetwork)
17
18 Thanks. But I also do not want to edit the ebuild :) BTW:
19 It would be better to first copy it to a local overlay, I'd
20 think.
21
22 Alexander Skwar
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list