From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Smplayer adjusting PCM level in Kmix.
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 18:34:00
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-06-27, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> one thing that Smplayer does that annoys me is each time it starts a
5 >> new video, from either a fresh start or next video in the playlist,
6 >> it adjusts the PCM sound level in Kmix.
7 > I still use mplayer a lot, and it doesn't do that. Whenver I start
8 > mplayer the volume is always whereever I left it last.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Grant
12
13 I think it is a Smplayer bug.  The idea Michael had worked.  I don't
14 understand why but it worked.
15
16 I thought mplayer was supposed to be the big dog in video players. I
17 recall slightly there being a debate about it but I thought mplayer won
18 the day.  Am I wrong or has things changed since then??
19
20 Dale
21