From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purged gnome, lost X. :-(
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:51:40
1 On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:02:11 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I recommend you do these steps in this order
4 >
5 > 1. emerge -at --depclean
6 > Inspect the list carefully, 289 packages is a lot. Take your time;
7 > quickpkg anything you aren't sure of. When you are happy the list only
8 > contains stuff you want rid of, let it do it's thing
9 >
10 > 2. emerge -avuND world
11 > Let portage figure out what it needs to add and rebuild
12 >
13 > 3. emerge -av1 @preserved-rebuild
14 > Fix up any inconsistencies left from emerging world
15
16 I would then repeat the three steps until none of them want to do
17 anything.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Never get into fights with ugly people because they have nothing to lose.