From: Tony Miller <mcfiredrill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't get accelerated opengl renderer ati radeon xpress 200M
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 00:39:39
1 On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:25:21AM +0200, Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > Am Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:12:39 -0700
3 > schrieb Tony Miller <mcfiredrill@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 > I also have an empty xorg.conf, maybe it's worth trying it out. Perhaps you
6 > just have a bad combination of options (even if you got them from the "official"
7 > documentation)?
10 Tried an empty xorg.conf, still getting same error in Xorg.log and
11 Software Renderer for OpenGl Renderer.
12 > > If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Would posting to the xorg
13 > > or radeon mailing lists be good places for help as well?
14 >
15 > I have one idea: which Kernel are you using? I have gentoo-sources-2.6.33
16 > installed. I read that the radeon devs recommend to use kernel versions >=2.6.33
17 > for KMS instead of 2.6.32.
18 >
19 I also have 2.6.33.
20 > Just goes to show how different ones experience with the same software can be.
21 > For me and my HD4650 (r6xx) it was smooth sailing: I followed Gentoos 3D
22 > acceleration guide and just needed to install the radeon-ucode package and
23 > everything "just worked".
24
25 Yeah, wish I could afford a different card, this one is being pretty
26 difficult it seems.
27
28 -Tony