From: Steen Eugen Poulsen <sep@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable dropping to -j1 when building certain programs
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:45:06
1 Marzan, Richard non Unisys skrev:
2 > How can I disable portage dropping or overriding my MAKEOPTS variable
3 > setting when building certain programs?
6 Isn't that self defeating, when an ebuild contains enforced -j1 it's
7 because the program can't compile with -j2 or higher. The makefile is
8 written badly and doesn't provide make with the needed information to
9 safely create the execution path. Fx. making a library other parts of
10 the code use is not blocking compilation of all files depending on this
11 internal library.
12
13 Or my personal favorite:
14 create somefile
15 mv somefile someplace/somefile
16 mv someplace/somefile someotherplace/somefile
17
18 Dunno why someone needs to move a file twice in a row... but some make
19 files does things like this.
20
21 But sure go ahead and make custom ebuilds without the make -j1.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature