From: "Marzan
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] disable dropping to -j1 when building certain programs
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:44:31
1 I was not suggesting making ebuilds that will ignore mandatory -j1. I
2 was merely trying to find out what is the correct variable to use in
3 make.conf...I'm willing sacrifice my system for experimental purposes. I
4 remember it being something_MP="" or similar. It exists as an option in
5 make.conf I have it set a home but can't remember what it is. Does
6 anyone happen to know?
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Steen Eugen Poulsen [mailto:sep@×××××××××.net]
10 Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:29 PM
11 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable dropping to -j1 when building certain
13 programs
14
15 Marzan, Richard non Unisys skrev:
16 > How can I disable portage dropping or overriding my MAKEOPTS variable
17 > setting when building certain programs?
20 Isn't that self defeating, when an ebuild contains enforced -j1 it's
21 because the program can't compile with -j2 or higher. The makefile is
22 written badly and doesn't provide make with the needed information to
23 safely create the execution path. Fx. making a library other parts of
24 the code use is not blocking compilation of all files depending on this
25 internal library.
26
27 Or my personal favorite:
28 create somefile
29 mv somefile someplace/somefile
30 mv someplace/somefile someotherplace/somefile
31
32 Dunno why someone needs to move a file twice in a row... but some make
33 files does things like this.
34
35 But sure go ahead and make custom ebuilds without the make -j1.
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list