From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bouncing Messages
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 19:21:46
1 On 03/03/2018 12:00 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > * I do not consider messages from me re-sent by mailing lists to be
3 > messages that I send.  I say this because my email infrastructure does
4 > NOT connect to any of the mailing list subscribers receiving email
5 > infrastructure.  IMHO the mailing list is sending a /new/ message to
6 > those recipients.  Said message just happens to be strongly based on a
7 > message that I sent.
8
9 Further to this point…
10
11 When Dale (et al) requested that messages (which were reported in their
12 bounce notifications) be re-sent to them, those messages did NOT
13 originate from my email infrastructure in any capacity. They are
14 complete (re)generations by the mailing list manager.
19 Grant. . . .
20 unix || die
23 P.S. If you can't tell, I have very strong opinions on things. I've
24 recently been stating that ARP is a layer 3 protocol, just like IP.
25 (They both have their own EtherType and ride on top of the L2 Ethernet
26 Protocol.) The only difference is that ARP is unrouted where as IP is
27 routed.