From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH hosed, only rubble remains
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:05:44
1 On May 25, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > Somewhere along the line, ssh and ssh2 have gotten conflated,
4 > confused or just
5 > downright broken. I have been running ssh daemon(s) for so long I
6 > don't even
7 > remember how I set them up. They Just Ran (TM).
8 >
9 > For a short while, ssh connections to here (home) from work have
10 > taken an
11 > unusually long time to establish. I thought it was something to do
12 > with my
13 > domain registration, which was changing at the same time, but that
14 > has settled
15 > down (I think). And I've been too busy surviving a car crash and
16 > attendant
17 > medical problems to be exactly on top of the situation.
18 >
19 > Now I cannot seem to make a connection at all, and I can't make
20 > much sense
21 > out of the setup I have.
22 >
23 > First, I have both an
24 > /etc/init.d/sshd
25 >
26 > --
27 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
28
29 hmmm, i imagine you meant there to be more there. if you have
30 console access to the box, tail -f on the messages log while
31 attempting to do an ssh -v -v -v ip_address from another client.
32 that might tell you something.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list