From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do NOT install evolution
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:23:22
1 On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:33:26 +0200, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2
3 > > Is there a way to make emerge/Portage pretend that
4 > > mail-client/evolution is already installed WITHOUT actually
5 > > installing it? I do NOT want to deinstall gnome-base/gnome and I also
6 > > don't really want to put gnome-base/gnome in a local overlay.
7 >
8 > /etc/portage/profile/package.provided, I think (add line
10 > portage«.
11
12 An alternative solution is to remove the gnome meta-package and install
13 gnome-light instead. Then run emerge --depclean -p and add anything you
14 want to keep to world.
15
16 Or you could simply do the sensible thing and use KDE ;-)
17
18 SCNR
22 Neil Bothwick