From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Manifest local ebuild - bump version
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 19:00:59
1 On 2020.12.18 01:49, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > How bump version and manifest local ebuild.
3 > I copied barcode-0.99.ebuild to local/portage and tired to bump
4 > version
5 > mv barcode-0.99.1.ebuild
6 > ebuild /usr/local/portage/app-text/barcode/barcode-0.99.1.ebuild
7 > manifest
8 >
9 > but when I try to manifest it, it can not find barcode-0.99.1.tar.gz
10 > (it
11 > doesn't exist).
12 That's because barcode-0.99.1.tar.gz doesn't exist. If you want your
13 new ebuild to still use the previous tarball, you either need to adjust
14 the link it uses to fetch the source, or consider renaming to
15 barcode-0.99-r1. However, the other suggestion about where to place
16 the patch is probably a better approach, assuming the ebuild does apply
17 user patches.
18 >
19 > I was trying to apply this patch to current version:
20 > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-barcode/2020-01/txtvoVMhO66kP.txt
21 >
22 > I can manifest (with the patch) current version: barcode-0.99.ebuild
23 > but renaming it after manifesting won't work, it complain about
24 > Manifest
25 > mismatch.
26 > I was trying to bump the version, so I can distinguish local from the
27 > official one.
28 >
29 > If I keep the version the same, how to point emerge to
30 > "local/portage".
31 > Do I unmerge the official one and keep the one in local/portage?