From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where is libnetsnmp-devel? (needed for hplip)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:25:30
1 At Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:54:06 -0500 "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 21 June 2007 19:40:23 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> Which package contains libnetsnmp-devel?
5 >
6 > $eix -c snmp
7 > [...]
8 > [I] net-analyzer/net-snmp (5.4@11/28/2006): Software for generating and
9 > retrieving SNMP data
10 > [...]
11 >
12 > Probably that one, but that's just a guess.
13
14 Thanks; you are right. I eventually found it too. I now see where I
15 got into trouble. I didn't set the snmp use flag and hence hplip
16 didn't bring in net-analyzer/net-snmp.
17
18 Is this a bug? That is, should hplip unconditionally depend on
19 net-snmp? hplip includes hp-check, which complained that I needed
20 libnetsnmp-devel.
21
22 I still have not been able to install my network-attached hp officejet
23 7310 using hp-setup (it install fine via cups). The trouble is that
24 scanning doesn't work and various network posts suggest that
25 installing via hp-setup is needed for most of the hp tool and for full
26 functionality of the device.
27
28 When/if I (with help from the hplip list) resolve my scanning problem,
29 I will check if net-snmp is really needed. If so, I am inclined to
30 file a bug.
31
32 allan
33 --