From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xserver on Dell Inspiron M1710
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:55:57
1 At Fri, 04 May 2007 12:03:12 -0400 Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I've always used ATI cards and after this experience, I think I
4 > still prefer them.
5
6 I understand your frustration and going back to ATI in the future is
7 certainly an option. I should add however that there have been quite
8 a number of reports to this mailing list documenting frustration with
9 ATI (I have never had ATI myself). My own very unscientific summary
10 of the situation is that ATI has been less favorably reviewed then
11 nvidia. Another view expressed is essentially "a pox on both your
12 houses", proprietary drivers are problematic by nature.
13
14 good luck.
15 allan
16 --