From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] New Portage browser
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 01:57:43
1 I think this is a given, but just in case...
2
3 It certainly should allow me to do an 'emerge -Davu world' equivallent, and
4 allow me to then select only the packages (or all or none) to install and of
5 course their dependencies.
6
7 It should show me the 'blocking' packages (if any), and allow me to easily
8 unmerge them right there.
9
10 It should absolutely be smart enough that if a package fails to compile,
11 SKIP IT! And move on to the next one. There is nothing more frustrating than
12 having like 100 packages to install, setting it up to run through the night,
13 excited to see the new stuff, and then the utter dissapointment to see that
14 portage shit the bed on the second package and just sat there doing nothing
15 all night long. GRR. :) why "emerge --resume --skipfirst" is not the
16 default exception handling routine for 'emerge' is beyond my comprehension.
17 'emerge' should at least have a command line option to invoke that!
18
19 It should also alert me to all the 'notifications' that are in the
20 PORTAGE_LOGS for things that I might have to manually do after the packages
21 are installed.
22
23 It should do a revdep-rebuild to make sure all packages are proper.
24
25 > -----Original Message-----
26 > From: Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman [mailto:buanzo@××××××××××.ar]
27 > Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:29 PM
28 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
29 > Subject: [gentoo-user] New Portage browser
30 >
78 > --
79 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
84 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list