From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flags handling
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:41:36
1 Am 31.07.2014 02:26, schrieb Dale:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:54:07 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> The biggest thing for me, is just stuff I don't use or ever see me
6 >>> needing. At one point, can't recall version, KDE4 was a bit of a memory
7 >>> hog. It seems they have cleaned that up a lot since tho. Even on my
8 >>> old rig which had 3GBs of ram and KDE3, it wasn't to bad on memory. CPU
9 >>> wise tho, I'd hate to run KDE4 on my old rig. It is just to slow for
10 >>> KDE4.
11 >> I used to run KDE on a netbook with 2GB and it ran very well. True, LXDE
12 >> was faster, but it did less. Not doing stuff faster isn't a benefit in my
13 >> book.
16 > That's why I use KDE still. There are things it does that I like plus
17 > my new rig is fast enough and has plenty of ram. My old rig tho, not
18 > KDE4. I don't think I would even try it. KDE4 is the reason I built
19 > this new rig.
20 >
21 > I do have Fluxbox installed tho. I have been known to use it a few
22 > times too. It is so fast it is unreal.
23 >
24 > Dale
25 >
30 I occasionally tried razorqt or enlightenment or twm...
31
32 and yeah, they load quickly. And then they are all useless for me.