From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: games-fps without blood
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 06:08:33
1 On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 03 February 2009 07:15:29 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> > Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is related
4 >> > to "3D reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed,
5 >> > used, told about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D")
6 >> > games for little boy, are not they?
7 >>
8 >> Also, if commercial games are OK for you, I would recommend "World of
9 >> Goo". It's not 3D, but lots of fun. It has a Linux beta version
10 >> available.
11 >
12 > My country isn't included in paypal list, so, I'm going to stick to the
13 > portage tree :-)
14
15 You probably know them already but tuxracer, frozen-bubble,
16 neverball/neverputt are fun 3D games for adults or kids and don't have
17 any violence or killing :) I dunno what is good for a 7-year-old kid
18 but I think any of those should be easy to learn. lincity is not 3D if
19 I remember but it's also fun no-violence game. Maybe it's too advanced
20 for a kid of that age.