From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage vs Qt
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 11:27:38
1 Am Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:06:00 -0500
2 schrieb Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>:
3
4 > I just updated Qt5 to 5.6.2 & ran into a familiar Portage problem.
5 >
6 > The emerge command responds with a list of "conflicts",
7 > all involving 5.6.1 vs 5.6.2 versions of the c 15 pkgs.
8 > The only way to get around this is to unmerge the existing pkgs via
9 > '-C', then install the new versions. That works, but it's brute
10 > force.
11 >
12 > Portage sb able to resolve this kind of conflict for itself.
13 > If not, then at least it should advise users intelligently
14 > to do what I've just described. It can happen with other sets of
15 > pkgs.
16 >
17 > Yes, I did do 'backtrack==30'.
18 >
19 > Before I send in a bug, does anyone else have useful comments ?
20
21 I constantly see the same conflict and haven't nailed it down exactly
22 right now. It seems to happen when one package requires a binary
23 compatibility to an older version of a depend but can also be built
24 against the newer version. Usually, emerge should trigger a rebuild
25 then. But this doesn't seem to work when both packages (the depend and
26 the depender) are updated at the same time. Portage then pulls in the
27 old and the new version of the same package at the same time, resulting
28 in a conflict.
29
30 Upgrading the depends with "-1a" first sometimes helps but usually I'll
31 also resolv it by unmerging the conflicting package first.
34 Regards,
35 Kai
36
37 Replies to list-only preferred.